This page contains free fraction worksheets. The solution and answers are provided at the end of each worksheet to help you to learn better.
Equivalent Fractions Worksheet
The lesson on equivalent fractions explained the basics needed to complete this worksheet. Here's a short summary on what you should know:
- Equivalent fractions are fractions that have the same value.
- We can make use the ideas behind 'equivalent fractions' to change the denominator of a fraction. This is useful when we need to add or subtract fractions that have unlike denominators.
- We can get an equivalent fraction by multiplying/dividing the numerator and denominator of the fraction with the same number.
Adding Fractions Worksheet
The lesson on adding fractions covered the basics in detail. Here's a short summary on what you should know:
- We can only add fractions that have like denominators
- If the fractions have unlike denominators, we can make use of 'equivalent fractions' to make them the same
Subtracting Fractions Worksheet
The lesson on subtracting fractions explained the basic ideas behind subtracting fractions. Here's a short summary on what you should know:
- To subtract fractions, the fractions must have like denominators
- If the fractions have unlike denominators, use 'equivalent fractions' to make them the same
Multiplying Fractions Worksheet
- When multiplying, the denominators do not have to be the same
- To multiply fractions, first multiply the numerators. Then, multiply the denominators
- Before multiplying, we can simplify the fractions first if there is one or more common factor. This will make the multiplication easier
Dividing Fractions Worksheet
The lesson on dividing fractions explained the basic required to divide fractions. Here's a short summary on what you should know:
- To get the reciprocal of a fraction, we just need to swap the numerator and denominator of that fraction.
- To divide fractions, first we change the division sign to a multiplication sign. Then, we change the divisor into its reciprocal and proceed from there.